May 24, 2020
Dear Midway Families,
We hope that Memorial Day has been pleasant for you, and perhaps you were able to take a moment of remembrance and gratitude for our military servicemen and women who made the ultimate sacrifice for our country.
As we head into the last week of May, you can plan for some of the following Midway happenings:
Saying Goodbye: Our Principal Assistant KellieJo Timberlake has accepted a position with our Special Services Department, and will be leaving Midway at the end of this school year. I know I speak for our staff when I say her positivity and heart for students will be missed greatly.
Some parting words from Ms. Timberlake can be found in the “Parent Letter,” attached.
School Supply Pick-Up: Student belongings will be available for curbside pick up next week at times specified below for each grade level. Also, at this time student medications will be available for curbside check out, and we can collect any outstanding library books. A list of books checked by each student will be mailed to your teachers within the next day.
A few notes to ensure we have a safe pick-up process:
- Our staff will all wear gloves and face masks and comply with social distancing guidelines for our mutual safety.
- If your child left a personal item somewhere in the classroom, please communicate with your child’s teacher so he or she may keep their eyes open for the item. Classroom teachers will not be able to check lost and found, however.
- Pick will be curbside only and we request you please stay in your vehicle. We will bring your items to your window. We will not be able to pass out supplies to individuals who walk-up, and will make other arrangements for pick up with you if you do not have a vehicle.
- Each grade level is assigned a time. Please try to come at the assigned time if possible to help with traffic. If you have more than one Midway student, we can give you all your children’s supplies in one visit- no need for multiple trips.
Kindergarten and Fifth Grade Graduation: Midway has a tradition of celebrating the milestone of students completing their first year of school (kindergarten) and completing their whole elementary experience (fifth) grade. We want to still celebrate this special time for these students, while also complying with all state guidelines. We have tentative plans for special drive-through events the last week of school as long as the reopening phases continue to progress as expected.
Teachers from these grade levels will communicate further details to families.
Mark your calendars:
- Mead Eats @ Midway for daily lunch and breakfast - 11am-12:30pm daily (other locations)
- May 25 - Memorial Day Holiday
- June 2 - School supply distribution Grades K, 1-2pm, Grade 1, 2-3pm
- June 3 - School supply distribution Grades 2, 1-2pm, Grade 3, 2-3pm
- June 4 - School supply distribution Grades 4, 1-2pm, Grade 5, 2-3pm
- June 5 - School supply distribution, Early Learning Center, 1-2pm
See you then!
Christine Spinnell & Kellie Timberlake